Panduit | OneMode™
Increase Fiber Backbone Bandwidth Without Replacing Existing Infrastructure
Supporting more connected devices, running more cloud services and finding ways to take advantage of next-generation technologies are critical for organizations who are focused on maintaining their competitive edge.
But all too often, bandwidth limitations — and the cost and complexity of upgrading legacy multimode fiber backbones — holds them back.
With Panduit OneModeTM, you can :
- Save time: OneMode can be installed in half the time that ripping and replacing fiber cables requires.
- Simplify the process: All that is needed to install OneMode is access to a telecom closet. No permits required, no messes made and no disruption to customer business operations.
- Avoid demolition: Eliminate the need to trench or pull new fiber in parking lots and similar environments.
OneMode is a passive media converter that increases the speed of legacy multimode-fiber cables by eliminating modal dispersion. It’s designed to help meet the need for speed without having to rip and replace legacy infrastructure.
- Eliminates model dispersion by manipulating single-mode laser light.
- Reaches speeds of 10, 50, or even 100 Gbps.
- Provides a faster, more economical, less disruptive alternative to ripping up legacy fiber.